A new move towards “Digital India” mAadhaar application has been launched by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This application stores Aadhaar details which will carry their demographic information i.e, Name, Date of Birth, Address along with Photograph. This is the best way to store your Aadhaar details on your smartphone instead of carrying the document in your wallets and loosing them. This is the beta version of the app and few of the services other services will be live after subsequent updates.
Key Features of mAadhaar
Aadhaar Number Holder profile download – A convenient way to carry Aadhaar number with demographic details anytime, anywhere.
Biometric locking/unlocking To secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.
Note: Registered Mobile Number is essential to use mAadhaar app. In case your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar visit the nearest Enrolment Centre/Mobile Update End Point
How Does mAadhaar App work?
- Step 1: Download application from the Google Play Store. The Size of the application is 10.80 MB.
- Step 3: You need to create a password and then re-enter the password to confirm it and the check box the Terms & Condition column and click Confirm.
- Note: The password should contain minimun 8 characters with atleast 1 digit, 1 special character and 1 cap alphabet.
- Step 4: Once the password is confirmed, you need to enter the Aadhar No. or scan the QR-Code on your Aadhaar card to create your Profile and click Next.
- Step 5: You will receive a one time password on the registered Mobile number. The app will automatically read the OTP from your phone. If the registered mobile number is not in same phone, then you can manually enter the code and tap on verify button.
[appbox googleplay in.gov.uidai.mAadhaarPlus]
Step 2: Once the application is downloaded open the app from the appdrawer. The Application is launched with a create password window on the screen.
If the details provided by you are found to be correct then your profile would be created and details will be displayed on the screen and you can flip you check the address printed on your Aadhaar card.