E-office website is an web application for all government offices to run files digitally. To login into the site, it requires government e-mail ID and password which will be provided by the NIC (National Informatics Center). You can follow the simple steps on “how to login into e-office website”. On E-Office website there won’t be any link to reset password, the government email id and password provided will be the login credentials.
Steps to change government e-mail id password
If the provided government e-mail id was not logged in for three months continuously, the password that has been received from NIC will get expires and won’t be able to login E-office website. So, follow the below steps to change your password.
- Log on to the @Gov.in website (click here)
- Click on the “Forgot ID , Password?” link provided below the login fields (which can be seen in the above image)
- A page will be opened in another tab as below
- Click on the link provided in the page as “PASSAPP”, which will land you into the password reset page
- You will be prompt to enter your NIC mail (which is govt. e-mail) and the captcha image details and submit
- After submitting, you’ll receive a six digit random number via sms to your registered mobile number which will be valid for 24 hours
- Enter the random number received and the captcha details and submit
- If you didn’t receive the random number, there’ll be chance of your mobile number has been entered wrongly at the time of e-mail registration or if you lost your old mobile number, please contact your Nodal officer and get it changed
- After successfully submitting the random number and captcha, you need to enter your new password twice to confirm and submit (please follow the password policy while entering the new password)
- After successfully changing password you’ll again get an sms confirming the change of password with your associated e-mail address
Please do comment below if have any queries, cheers!