JioMeet is a video conferencing app that has been rolled out for both Android, iOS, Windows, macOS and can be used on desktop as well. Reliance Jio announced the launch of video conferencing app on Thursday, July 3 2020 which is ‘JioMeet’ unlike Zoom.
Jio Meet is totally free and comes with features like JioMeet can be used for one-on-one meeting and group video conference call. It can host up to 100 participants at the same time. A meeting or online class on JioMeet can go on for 24 hours without any interruption and that also completely free. Similar to Zoom, JioMeet come with screen sharing option. You can even lock the meeting on JioMeet app so that nobody can enter after a certain time in the ongoing meeting.
In this article, we will let you know everything about the app from adding participants to scheduling meetings or joining them.
Procedure to Setup JioMeet
- Download the JioMeet app from your device and launch the app.
- On the home screen, tap Sign Up > enter your email/phone number>first name>last name> agree to the terms and conditions and then tap on Next.
- Then the app will send an OTP verification on your given number. And if you have chose your mail id then you will need to verify your email account by visiting your mailbox.
- Once you insert the OTP, your registration will be completed and you will reach the homepage.
Steps to Start your First Meeting on JioMeet
- Open the JioMeet app and login using your credentials.
- Once logged in, tap on New Meeting button.
- Now, tap on Start Meeting button, and here you can select your preferences like you can turn-off the video in case you don’t want your camera to turn on.
- Finally your meeting will begin and in the screen you will get options to add participants in the bottom.
- Tap on Invite button from the bottom left corner.
- Then you will get the options to invite the participants from the app which you want or simply you can copy the URL which is at the last.
How to Join Meeting on JioMeet
- Open the app> Tap on Join Meeting . Here you don’t need to be logged in to join a meeting on JioMeet.
- Then the screen will ask the meeting id so you need to enter the Meeting ID> enter your name. You will also see the join options on the screen at the bottom so according to your comfort you can choose the audio/video to turn on/off.
- Then tap on Join Meeting > enter the meeting password and you are good to go.
How to Schedule/Plan a Meeting
- Open the app> log in> tap Plan a Meeting.
- Enter the necessary details such s Date, Time, Duration etc and then tap Done.
How to Share Screen on JioMeet
Tap on Share Screen button and enter the Meeting ID and there you go.
This is the general process to setup JioMeet Application. If you have questions regrading this please drop your message in comment section below or you can tweet us @1howtothing.